Friday 22 January 2010

weekends just around the corner

me being me I'm never afraid to voice my opinions on stuff if something is a pile of waste outta cows backside then ill say so , so this brings me to the world of all things fly tying now Richard the guy who does the most amazing 3d eyes at unbelievable prices (his eyes are in the side menu) has launched himself into blog world and i must say I'm delighted at the thought , you see Richard loves great quality product but like me not the price tag that sometimes comes with it . so what he does is sources great products and sells them at a fraction of what you'd pay for the same thing else where .
so he now has a blog you can find it here http://pikeflies.blogspot.com i really advise adding him to you follow list as knowing Richard he will come up with some right good tying stuff at great prices and hes also UK based which is great , i have used him for eyes and his service is really second to none ........



ken capsey comes up with a killer fly



ken showed me this last night and to say i was impressed is an understatement what a great looking fly I'm going to tie a few of these up for an up coming trip as i think they will really do the business check kens blog for a few more patterns of this fly ...feckin awesome dude ill post my copy's over the weekend if i have time

A HAIRCUT SIR


for no other reason other than just for the hell of i decided yesterday to make a massive bullhead fly , i do like these flys the action is superb in case you ain't seen it in action here's a short video of it in action the pic above is at the end of the tying process and ready to be trimmed



the finished product



fly tying fever



really had it on me yesterday just wanted to tie massive flies so here's another monster i came up with all natural materials enjoy

so only a short post today as I'm on a split shift at work so i had better get my ass out the door , actually i think i may have time to tie just one of those ken capsey jobs before i go

tight lines







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such themes. I like to read blogs like this. BTW add more pics :)